Activity: Use the expressions above to express your disappointment about the following situations.
Expressing Disappointment with Others
Why didn’t + Subject + Verb?
- Why didn’t you tell me that?
- Why didn’t he inform me of the situation?
- Why didn’t they finish on time?
How am/was I supposed to + Verb
- How am I supposed to complete the project?
- How was I supposed to know that?
- How am I supposed to work with this?
Formal Expressions For Disappointment
- What a shame!
- That’s too bad.
- That’s so disappointing!
- I was so looking forward to ...
- I / We had high hopes for ...
- What we had been led to expect was ...
Informal Expressions For Disappointment
- What a bummer!
- What a let-down!
- That stinks.